A series of screendance short films and videos by Midlands-based artists commissioned by DanceXchange for the festival, including award-winning, Anywhere is a Dance Floor by Jaii Andrew & Fatt Butcher.
This programme will be available online during the duration of the festival 17 June – 3 July 2022 and screened at various festival sites.
The 12 films are:
- Don’t Play with L(Kn)ives by Brooke Milliner (2021)
- Anywhere is a Dance Floor by Jason Guest & Fatt Butcher (2021)
- Unbecoming, Everything You’re Not by Aidan Yau, Shaq Shadare & Kadafi Mulula (2021)
- Natal by Asnath Losala (2021)
- Brum, Babysham, Bostin by Romy Ashmore-Hills (2021)
- We Commuted Once A Day (Two, Three) by Tanna Chamberlain (2021)
- Passing Time by Tyrone Williams (2021)
- Take 1 by Devon Nelson (2021)
- Our Nature by Beyond Borders (2021)
- Symphony of Skills by Karen Wood (2022)
- Flock by Rachel Angus (2022)
- Together, Again by Susannah Cox (2022)
Anywhere is A Dancefloor and Don’t Play with L(Kn)ives are A Dance-Film Productions by The Motion Dance Collective
The Minute films were commissioned by DanceXchange and produced by The Motion Dance Collective for Birmingham International Dance Festival.