An exciting programme designed to celebrate UK-based dance artists that bring life and joy to outdoor places. Hosted online and in Birmingham, the Outdoor Dance Showcase provides a platform for national and international promoters to connect and build meaningful relationships with a curated selection of outdoor dance artists looking to tour their work beyond borders.
Live performances, pitching sessions, informal networking opportunities and panel discussions: the Outdoor Dance Showcase creates spaces to foster fruitful international collaboration.
- The artistic programme for the Outdoor Dance Showcase weekend includes 20+ companies, with six UK 2022 premieres, and a rich programme of both UK and international shows from Canada, Spain, France and Belgium
- A hybrid professional programme including pitching sessions, panel discussions and networking opportunities, both in-person and online using the interactive Swapcard** platform
- An opportunity to meet international presenters, industry professionals and exciting artists
- Time to rebuild connections as well as make new contacts and expand your networks, in the context of a flagship event for dance in the public space
- See our curated collection of some of the most exciting outdoor work available for touring by English dance artists in our pitching event. National and international delegates can consult the Artist Pitching Event page to find out more about the artists pitching.
See the full itinerary here
Shaped and delivered by XTRAX and FABRIC ( Dance4 & DanceXchange together). The Outdoor Dance Showcase is presented as part of BIDF 2022 and is supported by Platform 4:UK, XTRAX’s Arts Council England funded project for International collaboration in outdoor arts.