There are a wide range of volunteer roles across our outdoor festivals whether it’s chaperoning artists, supporting marketing or guiding audiences – all of which are vital to its success.
BIDF Volunteers support our dance-packed outdoor events and exciting work, touring around the city centre and to community settings. Volunteering is about connecting people with great dance, inspiring local people and welcoming new audiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- greeting and chaperoning artists
- assisting with event and performance setups with our Programming Team
- stewarding events and working alongside our Front of House team
- assisting with family activities and participatory projects
- supporting marketing with social media and flyering
- welcoming festival visitors of all backgrounds
This year’s locations are:
- Birmingham City Centre – Centenary Square, Victoria Square, Chamberlain Square and Brindley Place
- Handsworth Park, North Birmingham
- Outdoor Theatre – Midlands Arts Centre & Cannon Hill Park, South Birmingham
What’s in it for you:
- meet artists and performers from around the world
- develop new skills to add to your CV
- experience ‘behind the scenes of a major festival
- meet new people and make new friends
- volunteer training and briefing sessions
- travel and food expenses of up to £10.00 per day
- BIDF will provide references following your time with us
Cookies are Disabled
MarketingAdjust your preferences
If you are 18+, passionate and enthusiastic about dance and the arts, enjoy working with a wide range of people and have a “can-do” approach, then we’d love to hear from you.